It’s summer camp registration time again! The troop will be attending Camp Freeland Leslie in Oxford, Wisconsin again during the week of June 14 – June 20. If you have been following the troop calendar and Hot News you have noticed that our first payment is coming up soon.
The fees for camp this year will be $300 for camper registration and $35 for the bus ride to camp, with the fist half of the summer camp payment of $150 is due by February 17. The remaining balance of all fees will be due by March 23.
The camp has not published the 2020 program guide or merit badge listing yet, but we will send out the information and provide a link here as soon as it is available.
A few other items to note:
- Keep your eye on the troop’s website and future issues of Hot News for regular updates related to summer camp, camperships and other summer camp details.
- There will be a summer camp parent meeting on May 18 at 7:45 before the spring court of honor.
- Please review the 2020 Summer Camp Checklist for detailed information on your next steps.
- Mark your calendars for the troop swim test on the afternoon of May 16 from 1-3pm. The swim test will be held at the Wheaton College Swimming Pool.
- If you have not already scheduled doctor visits we recommend you do so a.s.a.p. Health forms will be due by May 18th and must be dated June 1, 2019 or newer. The BSA has updated their health form again. Last year’s health form is grandfathered in for this year but for those who have not yet had their physical we are asked to use the newest version of the form found here: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
Stay tuned to the troop’s Hot News and this summer camp web page for further updates. We are looking for another great year of fun and learning at summer camp.
Troop 23 Summer Camp Committee