Adult Volunteers–How to Become a Merit Badge Counselor
Thank you for considering becoming a Merit Badge Counselor! To become an MBC:
1) Complete a BSA Adult Application for position code number 42.
2) complete the BSA’s revised Background Check Authorization form.
2) complete the BSA Merit Badge Counselor Information Form.
3) complete the online BSA Youth Protection Training Course.
4) Turn in the Adult Application, the background check form, the MBC Information Form; and your Youth Protection Training Certificate at the Advancement/Registration Table at any Monday Night Troop Meeting. Meetings are held at First Presbyterian Church from 7:30PM-9PM. Alternatively, you are welcome to scan and e-mail your completed forms and YPT Certificate to our Membership/Forms Coordinator; or mail them to Judith Zapf, 1N079 Purnell Street, Carol Stream, IL 60188.
Please note, B.S.A.-registered Troop 23 Leaders interested in becoming a Merit Badge Counselor should complete a second B.S.A. Adult Application and the BSA Merit Badge Counselor Information Form. Current Merit Badge Counselors interested in adding additional badges to their approved list need only complete the BSA Merit Badge Counselor Information Form.